New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear cupholder on my 99 pulls up. What I mean but cupholder is that whole center piece. Just though it might help you if you wanted to run speaker wires. There is space to run them under the center console, under the carpet under the cupholder, and into the trunk.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
That actually means that it is broken. There is a clip on the bottom that holds it to the seat frame, your broke and that is why you can lift that up.

However, you are 100% correct. It is not only a great place to run wires, but a good place to hide things. :) I broke mine a long time ago, during the first time I removed the seats.

NOTE: Don't forget, if you are going to run wires down the center of the car, be sure to either run the speaker wires, OR the positive wires. Do NOT run them together. Typically it is recommended to run power wires down one side of the car, and speaker wires down the other side.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it's not broken because the clip still clips. I had a heck of a time pulling it up. It still 'locks' back though. I have power wire going down driver's side and everything else running down middle (shielded RCA cables -- $3.00 from Wal-Mart).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts