New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have aftermarket brake pads on my car now that were supposed to reduce the amnt of brake dust. no change. i still have almost black wheels in a week and some dust on the body. until i can get the money to buy "dustless" pads (greenstuff or the like) i am stuck w/ the ones that are on there now. i was wondering is there any way to keep the dust from stickin' to the wheels as much? b/c as it stands right now, i can clean the wheels today and i have to dust em two days later. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

G

·
wax on the wheels probably would be your best bet....it helps with mine . I usually use the spray on stuff and it makes the next cleaning a lot easier

G

·
There are wheel covers that go on the inside of the wheel. they have them mostly for high dollar imports as a factory option. but I am sure you could pick up a set for the coug as well.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Bad idea to use those covers, they reduce the ability for the brakes to naturally cool, plus they look ugly behind our style of rims. ;) Just wax the crap out of the rims and it should be easier to clean.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks....i'm gonna be waxin' the hell outta those sombitches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.