New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was under the assumption that the SVT contour had the 3.0L duratech....but to my suprise today, while at work one pulled up for an oil change. I pop the hood and there's the 2.5L. So my question is how it makes, what is it 30 hp more? And my second question is somewhat related. I know the Jag X-type is aviable with a 197 hp 2.5L duratech(or what ever they want to call it (but it is the same basic motor)) is it the SVT motor? Same mods as the SVT?

And the last question is how can I get my motor to or above SVT specs? and how much aprox. would it cost.

Oh and if someone could give me the actual hp and tq rations of the SVT that would be great too.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
The main gains on the SVT motor come from higher compression, different cams, UIM, TB, intake tubing and tuning. I'm not sure about the Jag motor, but I don't believe it is the same as the SVT. I think Jaguar did it's own bit of tuning on it's version.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well ford owns jaguar so i wouldnt be surpise if t was the svt in them

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
nah c'mon now be realistic!

haha. If you want the most of your engine, get rid of it for a 3.0Liter, or the Hybrid. But for now, to get the most out of your 2.5L duratec, get some SVT parts, SVT upper intake manifold & throttle body, get some headers, intake, exhaust, and vroom vroom you're on your way!

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts