New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ummmm no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Just my opinion....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The only Cougar I've something like that done to was the racing Cougar prepared by Mumm Brothers Racing. Theirs was just a custom made system strictly for racing.

The one thing I'd be worried about exiting on that side is that it would be close to the fuel fill door and the rest of the fuel system.

The other problem might be heat on the rear tires.....

·
Registered
591 Posts
hmmmm...I'll crawl up under the car sometime this weekend, an idea might be to wrap the fuel lines w/ header wrap if the exhaust would run too close...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd be more worried about the actual fuel tank than the lines. Dual exhaust is more dangerous to the fuel lines than this exhaust would be. Lines enter the tank even with the wheel. But if you did that side exhaust the pipes would have to run right under the tank. KaBOOM, you would be doing front flips down the highway....would be cool to see, but not from the drivers seat

·
Registered
304 Posts
Merc123, are those winter tires on your car? Just wonderin cause I have the stock firehawks on mine, but was planning on buying the BFG's that come standard for my next set. If the BFG's look like that, I may reconsider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.