New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the correct washing and drying tools to use during and after a good wash?

I bought one of those mitts that you put your hand in and it put fine scratches in my car. I don't like using those big car wash brushes...they have those big bristles. I always feel like I"m pushing dirt and grit around. What are the safest items to use. I always use those car detailing "diapers" to dry and they seem to work fine. Are chamois even safe? I feel as though those pull grime around. AHH!!!

Definitely appreciate feedback.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Waffleweave microfiber towels are the [censored] as far as drying. For washing I use one of those mits only I don't put my hand in it, I just use it like a sponge and let it's own weight do the washing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I use the sponges that have a looped cotton cover. There is 1 for the roof, trunk, hood, and the tops of the doors. I have another that is only used on the lower portions of the doors, and a sponge for where there is that clear coating on the bottom of the doors. (obsessive, I know)

For drying, I use a VERY clean waterblade--making sure that I wipe it off every pass. Otherwise you could drag something across your paint. An absorber for the little spots. Finally, following up with a spray of zaino polish and wiped down with a super soft all-cotton towel

My chamois stays very clean, so if you are sure that you've washed off all of the grime, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
What are the correct washing and drying tools to use during and after a good wash?

I bought one of those mitts that you put your hand in and it put fine scratches in my car. I don't like using those big car wash brushes...they have those big bristles. I always feel like I"m pushing dirt and grit around. What are the safest items to use. I always use those car detailing "diapers" to dry and they seem to work fine. Are chamois even safe? I feel as though those pull grime around. AHH!!!

Definitely appreciate feedback.
For washing as ShinyBlackCat said when you're washing don't press down. I don't like the wash mits though. I use 100% cotton towel and fold it to a new section when I'm done with each panel.

For drying see my post below. "Dry With Water First" then go around and "Blot Dry" the water droplettes. I don't like chamois or drying blades.

:beer:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
Can you say "The Absorber?" :thumbsup:

Yup Yup! Good as gold in my opinion, and washable too!! :hitit:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
What's "THE ABSORBER" ...never heard of it. Anyone else have tips/tricks?
Wash your car.

See this post for How To Dry Your Car With Water

Then go behind and "Blot Dry" any little water droplettes with a 100% cotton towel. The Absorber, IMO isn't as effective as a 100% cotton towel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts