New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, my mechanic wants to know if he is going to have to drop the tranny to put the headers and ypipe on. im tryin to get a rough price from the guy. if you could let me know about how long its going to take that would be great too. thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Originally posted by: BABS
hey everyone, my mechanic wants to know if he is going to have to drop the tranny to put the headers and ypipe on. im tryin to get a rough price from the guy. if you could let me know about how long its going to take that would be great too. thanks everyone
no, you don't have to remove the engine/tranny for headers or y-pipe. if you looked under and around the engine bay you'de understand why. and why bother with a mechanic... especially since you say your going to pull your engine for your SVT heads, do it all at once, and do it yourself

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks alot. well i think ill just give it a try then, but lets just say i did take it some where, do u have anyclue on how long it will take to do

·
Registered
74 Posts
call a reputable shop, they will have a mitchell guide which should tell them what they need to know.. if they have to ask you how to do it ..then you would be better doing it yourself..

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I gotta be honest here....if your "mechanic" has seen your car, he should be able to answer that question himself. I am VERY leery of any mechanic that asks his client questions. He is the expert, he should know the answer.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
The only problem you'd have if you did it yourself is rust, if your car is older, like a '99. I couldn't even install my exhaust myself because the old exhaust was rusted solid to the cat converter.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pb blaster is the bomb.
you should do it yourself, its not that hard.
im sure theres someone in your local chapter thats mechanically inclined, that would help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.