New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am soon going to be purchasing eibach 1.2" drop spring for my car along with 17" wheels. When i get these springs will i need to get new lower struts also? I'm not sure because its such a short drop on the car that i didnt know if i need to get struts also. Can some1 please let me know? thanks

S

·
0 Posts
uuuumm uuummm no such thing as a lower strut.....but to answer what you were meaning to ask. The drop will wear the struts quicker but you should be fine unless you already have alot of miles on the struts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i meant just struts in general ha sry bout that. but yea the car 40,000 miles on it now and im going to be getting the springs soon. Now i talked to the man that going to install the springs and he said that with it being only an inch drop that i should be fine, but i just want to check here also because u guys all here own cougars and some have prolly been in the same situation as i am.

S

·
0 Posts
I went ahead since i had em out and replaced my struts when i put my new springs on. I got the KYB struts from Tirerack. They are great oem replacement struts. I love the handling on my car now....

·
Registered
302 Posts
yeah while it may not nessarly be nessary, handling will improve with the purchase of new struts. Check out KYB's, there cheep but perform very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts