New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I was driving along w/ my buddy back from the DePaul/Marquette B-Ball game yesterday on the expressway and look over at this guy driving a Nissan Sentra or something like that, do a double take, and realize he's reading a NOVEL while driving! I was like holy crap! And the funny thing, he was driving quite well! Now I've done the driving while drinking pop, smoking, talking on the phone and eating a taco all at the same time while steering w/ my knee in my younger years, but I've never been able concentrate on reading a full blown novel while driving. Any similar experiences?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I used to see people doing that all the time in DC traffic. Granted I couldn't say they were driving really well. Usually they were just pissing everyone else off by driving too slow or almost running into people. If you have to read while going to work, take the damn bus or train.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: BigDaddyTiberius
I used to see people doing that all the time in DC traffic. Granted I couldn't say they were driving really well. Usually they were just pissing everyone else off by driving too slow or almost running into people. If you have to read while going to work, take the damn bus or train.
Word. Stupid people. Reading not= Driving

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
I see that rather often... and it makes me mad because its often in very tight bumper to bumper stop and go traffic.

The worst I ever saw was the woman with a newspaper draped over her stering wheel reading it

·
Registered
587 Posts
I havent seen it but a buddy used to study on his way to class.

I have also heard that there is a manufacurer making a steering wheel atchment for you labtop!! How rediculas is that?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: silverfrost99
I havent seen it but a buddy used to study on his way to class.

I have also heard that there is a manufacurer making a steering wheel atchment for you labtop!! How rediculas is that?
We get yelled at enough as it is for yakking on our cell phones while driving, but now a laptop on the steering wheel?? O lord, what's next! Pretty soon it'll be autopilot while we sleep!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ive almost been lane-switched into i dont know how many times by people reading, cell phoning, make-uping, shaving, and just about anything else you shouldnt do while driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts