List tips here about drivving around with your car slammed

my cars like 3inches off the gorund and i hit everwhere
anyone have any help for me

btw i not tring to raise it

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drazcoug how high is your off the ground cause it seem like the drazonz fronts are extra low
i got one too

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
anyone got that pic of my car at cougarfest 2k2... with less than 2" of ground clearance...

i ended up driving my car home like that from Tennesee to Windsor... then to work everyday in Dearborn michigan for over a month....

it's all about the angles.... the bigger the angle the better you'll be going up a driveway... as soon as you get one wheel on the driveway, now you can turn up... not until then....

plan everythign EARLY... if you want to go to burger king stop way before.... before even thinking of turning in, look at the driveway.. if it isn't doable, park around the corner and walk in....

if you need to drive around the block so you can be on the other side of the road to go up the driveway, then do it (taking a left turn into a driveway can be a disaster in the making)

always keep your eyes in front of the car... and watch for pot holes, dips, bumps, etc....

drive slower until you are more comfortable with it

learn your streets, and learn them well....

don't take streets you aren't familiar with unless absolutely necessary....

sure it takes you longer to get everywhere now, but you know all dem heads doing a double/triple take is well worth it :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
ya i remember that, that was pretty low. cudos to puck thats some bad ass driving :)

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
If I did that low of a drop on coilovers, I think I'd barely have an inch of ground clearance. :rofl:

Puck, any problems knocking the reflectors off the road if you drop it another inch? ;) :biggrin: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
now that is what a coworker of mine calls a street-squeegee.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Also be ready to replace your suspension components a lot faster than if you riding at or near stock height. Puck's right. It's ALL in the angle!

When I first had GC's, I thought it was a novel idea to drive around full slam 24/7. $1,000 later at the dealership, I decided it wasn't a good idea. Thank god for warranties and dealerships that don't bother to look for ways to screw you out of 'em :) I have a street weapon body kit, but I have my GC's almost halfway up...I have to, or I can't get into my driveway, even at the most violent angle. It's got one of those stupid drainage areas right in front of it, grrrrrrr.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I hate scraping my front end, that's just about the worst sound in the world.( besides a fart pipe on a honda, thats a close second :biggrin: )

I'm not even at full drop, I'm only dropped 2".

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Originally posted by: NorCalCoug
If I did that low of a drop on coilovers, I think I'd barely have an inch of ground clearance. :rofl:

Puck, any problems knocking the reflectors off the road if you drop it another inch? ;) :biggrin: :rofl:
i've never tried dropping full tilt with my aero-xtreme bumper and your post just reminded me that i should be checking that out already :)....

next week i'm supposed to have a few days off work, so maybe i'll pull the bumper out of the basement and see how it all works at full slam :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
well said pierre even with 4" of ground clearance I gotta be extra careful ....my front sticks out far enough your incline threshold is significantly reduced ...so, its not only that it's lower its also the fact that is low so far in front of the wheels makes the overall angle of safe approach not very steep at all....

marked as answered :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts