New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a drift kit and took it to a professional body shop in town and ran into a large problem. Well for one, the front valence will not fit without taking off the 5mph reinforcement (something he said he could not do legally), therefore it will not go on. What do you guys think? I could really use the help. And if there is nothing I can do and if someone is interested I will probably sell it, so if anyone is interested, shipping is free. Thanks

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
maybe you should try some other bodyshops, you might find somebody who will do it.

Mike

·
Registered
330 Posts
yeah hes right you do have to remove the 5mph bumper but i'd just go to another shop my guy didnt have aprob. with the front or back just my z3's and drift sides but he said it was easier than some he's done

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
don't have the shop put the bumper on, do it yourself and yes you have to remove the 5mph bumper, no big deal. then take it to the shop for paint

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I think I ill get a second opinion, or I'll just put it on myself.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
put it on yourself its not that hard of a job and if you need help just ask and people will help

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
i wouldnt want the front of my car wrapped around myself if i happen to be in a bad accident , would you.? Personly i wouldnt remove it, but i drive my car almost everyday,and is why i went with the battle front which doesnt envolve removing the 5mph reinforcement. What others do with there car and safety is totaly up to them. But if my car was all show and no everyday driving yes i would remove it. :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Isn't the 5MPH bumper simply that... A 5MPH bumper that absorbs impacts of 5MPH or less? In a collision, I know that the front end of your car will be much more seriously damaged than if you had one in tact - but would it actually effect safety? Does the crumple zone on a car rely on the bumper as a start point for impact, or will it still do it's job? How about your airbags? Will they deploy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts