New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im lookin at getting the drift rear bumper and was wondering how well it is supported and if u can use the stock 5mph reinforcment bhind it cuz im gunna mold it in so i need it to be solid if not how did you guys attach it so its solid?any help is great thanks

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My drift rear still has the 5mph bumper behind it. I do not recommend molding bumpers and such...it's fine if you have a trailer queen but if you plan on driving anywhere, you'll have to be uber careful. If you get rear ended you won't only have to replace the bumper but probably rear quarter panels too...and what if you want to change the bumper? Or need to take it off to work on your car? The SW bumper is nice enough as it is, because it looks like a avalance molded onto a stock bumper when indeed it is a bumper replacement. The one line that you see connecting it to the quarter panel doesn't look bad at all, I wouldn't worry about molding it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You wouldn't have to replace the quarter panel if the seem between the bumper and quarter panel were to crack. Even if you were to get hit it will do nothing but crack the bondo that is used to smooth the two together and the usual shattering of the fiberglass bumper.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not worried bout the molding of it cuz i know how that goes im shaving everything on my car tho and its prob gunna be a trailor queen its not that hard if i want to change bumpers either but ill i want to know is bout the 5mph reinforcement, it doesn't have to be trimmed or anything? jsut fits right over top it

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: limegreencougar
im not worried bout the molding of it cuz i know how that goes im shaving everything on my car tho and its prob gunna be a trailor queen its not that hard if i want to change bumpers either but ill i want to know is bout the 5mph reinforcement, it doesn't have to be trimmed or anything? jsut fits right over top it
no mods to the 5mph bumper at all
but i gotta ask ya, why does it matter if its prob gon' be a trailer queen?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
becuz its still gunna be driving once and awhile and i dont want something thats not that solid lor something i have to make custom brackets like wit the dragon z front i used to have just not worth it i want to do it once and be done wit the exterior and interior so next winter i can do my engine swap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts