New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
also posted under cosmetic because it is URGENT

hey guys the guy at my body shop called today and said he tried to start on my Drift kit but it didn't want to fit i thought ok it cant be bad but then he said the sides are like 3 INCHEs short and said he would half to break um and refiberglass it to make it fit

is this normal any hints or ANYTHING you guys got can help
ALSO Approx how much $$ did you spend to get the whole kit prepped painted and installed?

do you suggest self tapping screws for the skirts IF he can fix it? how much more $$$$$$ to molding it?
i am also looking for how to's any links will be nice.

THAnKS a TON i appreciate any hints or help

dusty

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
I think the drift kit is the one where you have to cut the structural bumper, otherwise it won't fit...
I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yes that is correct, you either have to cut the bumper reinforcement or remove it(in my case that was easier and cheaper, just not safer lol) But seriouslly, it costs alot for that kit, due to the sides needeing modified(usually) the front needing that work, and who knows about the rear.....

I spent alot for the front and my fenders however I wont post how much cuz it makes me cry, but hey it looks sweet!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the structual bumper? is it like the 5mph bumper what else you got for suggestions i need ANYTHING

thanks

dusty

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
yes the 5mph bumper.. not the colored part you see on the exterior of the car.
its under that. white in color looks plastic to me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
my drift sides were like 2 inches short and they had to be refiberglassed. if the shop knows what they r doin it shouldnt be that bad. good luck with the kit it looks sweet but is expensive to get it installed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts