New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw this on someone's cardomain page: here. is one made? or is this just painted black?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
havent we seen that green coug in a different colour?

looks an aweful lot like the yellow one floating around florida there a while back..? same fender flares anyway..

PS i love that hood.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Not sure if the green one has been chopped to a different color, but that car is actually lime green. Its not a chop.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive loved that car since i first saw it. al except the reflector in the headlights, the side markers, and the fenderflares (too low for my tastes).

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You basically attach the OEM latch as well, but its a good idea to have both the OEM latch and the Hood Pins. I believe Magoo's hood flew up even after having the OEM latch when he forgot to latch the hood pins. Lots of damage.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ehh yes my hood did fly up on me. COmpletely destroyed the hood, windsheild and dented the roof severly cause of the hoodpins. Ever Since that day I have double checked my hood pins before I get into the car. Even if I get in the car I go back out and check them. LOL. I believe only 2 Cougars have the carbon fiber dragon tail and about 4 have the fibgerlgass hood. I won't put another hood on the car unless I get it for free..

edit: it would have costed me alot extra to have a stock latch built so I am just going to have to recheck myself.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
So even w/ the oem hatch it didn't lock? Well, hoodpins don't look that bad, i'd grow used to them. It's just i'm still concerned about people being able to just pop open your hood.

I'm really looking for a way to rig up some ram air. I think it's possible. The kaminari is just hideous in my opinion though so it's a throw around between this dragon tail, which is a little less aggressive or the predator. How come the predator doesn't need the pins?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
there is no stock latch with the dragon tail hood... it does not come with one that is why hood pins are required. Wire Mesh does not come with it as well u have to get that yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts