198 Posts
Shifting Sucks in this game

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: Mitch
Shifting Sucks in this game
are u using the arrow keys or the mouse?, i found the keys to be easier but yea it gets f'd up sometimes.

the one thing i dont get, i started out with a tibby, i got enough money to buy everything. i had my weight down as low as it could go, then i thought well i just got a murcialago i'll fix that up. i got it to the same place, everything bought weight down, it wasnt at all as fast as my tiburon. whats up with that

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
interesting...I must be doing something wrong as when I hit 5th gear i'm usually doing only 48mph???

Mike

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
Insanely bored at work today so I beat the game. I have like 2 million dollars. I can get my skyline up to 300mph. lol If anyone wants the save data so they play my user name email me. I'd post it here but its way too long.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I hit 429 mph with the charger.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

porche 911 GT1

still had a little room in 6th gear, and i can reduce the weight more, to get the top speed up a little higher. it weighs 210 lbs. and has 1100hp, and 800 tq. im addicted to this game!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:rofl: i told u guys its addicting. however i just got need for speed underground so i've be focusing my addictions to it.:biggrin:

·
Registered
660 Posts
How do you guys set your gears?? I can't win a race?? What car did you start off with?? When do you hit nitro?? I can't get it down!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i started with the tibby, u can't get nitro until u buy the kit, and its just like a car, when u press the up arrow to shift u have to release the gas (space bar). timing is key. u'll get used to it.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yeah, i started with the rsx type-s, and just kept doing the drag races against stock cars, and a few ricers, and just kept upgrading little by little. i kept finding new oponents that i knew i could beat. the H2 in the tuner (i think its this category. its the 3rd category...right under ricer) category you can beat with a stock rsx. and then you get $1000. after i built up my car a good amount, i started the story. and you get money quick with that if your car has decent mods.

for the nos, i use is about 75% through the race, and only if im on the cars tail. if im too far behind, i just let him win and not waste the nos. then go to return, instead of retry, after the race, and pick a different car that i can beat easier.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by: JAMallott
yeah, i started with the rsx type-s, and just kept doing the drag races against stock cars, and a few ricers, and just kept upgrading little by little. i kept finding new oponents that i knew i could beat. the H2 in the tuner (i think its this category. its the 3rd category...right under ricer) category you can beat with a stock rsx. and then you get $1000. after i built up my car a good amount, i started the story. and you get money quick with that if your car has decent mods.

for the nos, i use is about 75% through the race, and only if im on the cars tail. if im too far behind, i just let him win and not waste the nos. then go to return, instead of retry, after the race, and pick a different car that i can beat easier.

thats exactly how i started my game out. i know what u mean about the nos but even if your a decent amount behind u can get past them using it and its only 500 to fill up i think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts