1. Pop out the small cougar emblem on the door handle and remove the phillips head screw behind it.
2. Take out 2 screw covers on the carpeted area of the door panel and remove the phillips head screws behind each one
3. Extract 2 T-15 torx screws from the back edge of the door panel.
4. Extract 1 T-15 torx screw from the upper front edge of the door panel.
5. Pop the fasteners along the sides and bottom of the door panel. You may need to use a screwdriver to get it started, but you should be able to just pull on the door panel and get all the fasteners out with little to no trouble.
6. After you've popped all the fasteners out, pull the door panel straight up until it's come off the actual door. You might have to pull kind of hard, but if it just won't budge, chances are you missed a screw or a fastener.
7. Unplug everything that connects the door panel to the door (ie: power lock switch, power window switch, etc...). Then release the lock/unlock cable.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to New Edge Mercury Cougar owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about troubleshooting, builds, ZETEC, maintenance, performance, modifications, classifieds, and more!