New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Door wont lock

hey my door wont lock... i took the panel off to see if i can see the cable, and i got it off the panel, and tryed to press the cable in, and it was stiff.. it wouldnt go in, and when i try to lock the door using the key, it wont turn to lock it.... i dont know if this has anything to do with it but my alarm has had a short for about 6 mths now, and the door lock thing just started today,,,

need major help thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
RE:Door wont lock

I had the same problem with my cougar. Turns out it was a burnt out fuse. I can't remember which one it was, but there were two of them that had burnt out in the fuse box underneath the stearing wheel.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:Door wont lock

i looked at all the fuses and none of them were burned... when u stick the key in the key hole on the passenger side door, it wont turn, it will just bend the key... then i took my panel off to see if the cable got stuck, and the cable was still in the correct spot... when u try to pree the cable in, it wont go in, its fine when u pull it but u cant push it,, when u try to push the in, it feels like it is frozen,,, i just cant lock that door, the drivers door is fine it locks and unlockes, but the passenger side doesnt

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump,,, still have problem

·
Registered
153 Posts
My problem is the exact opposite of yours, just that my drivers side wouldn't open or resond to the key. You might want to get an new set of two of each fuse in the box and try them one by one and try to open the door. If I remember it right it was two of them of the bottom row. I hope this works! I had to get out of the passenger side door for a while, it sucks!

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you have a switch that is missing or not working on the door, the door will not lock. Since you have a thread in the wtb section for a switch, I think that would be the problem. When I messed up one of my switches doing the LED mod, my door would not either.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took the one out of DgnZCougs car and his car still locked,, but i couldnt test it on my car because it was at my house and i cant drive it,, no license

1 - 7 of 7 Posts