New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DON’T DO IF YOU THINK ITS IT SOUNDS HARD! BECAUSE IT ISN’T EAZY.

U will need.. 3 yards of fabric (i used tweed), 3m spray adhesive, ½” screws, dupicolor paint w/clear coat, drill w/bits, philips screwdriver, torx bits, flat head screwdriver, scissors and tape.

*First, take off the door panel. If you don’t know how go here…..how to
*Second, the panel is not made to come off so you HAVE to break it from the holders. To do this take the drill and drill out the tops of the holders. (they look like little glued circles) Then you have to pull the little arm out of the way to get the panel out.
After it is out u can tape around the speaker and us lite coats of paint (about 2-3) then put a coat of clear over this.
Then you can go and spray down the panel and the fabric with the adhesive. After you can lay the panel face down on to the fabric. Flip over and smooth out the bubbles, cut the fabric leaving about an inch for over hang. Then rap the extra over the sides. Let it sit for about 7-9 hours. (the more the better because it smells up the car).

Now this is the hard part!!!! To get the panel to stay again, you have to put ½” screws in where you drilled out the holders. Made sure u don’t use TOO long of screws. And that’s it. Put it back on

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
hey, CATerina, i have a few questions before i even look at doing this myself (and i really want to)

First, just looking at the pictures you posted, where are the screws put in to begin with?
second, how do you "move" the handle out of the way?

(i looked at your "how to" but nothing was listed...)

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The screws go in where you drill out the holes. You just pull the handle back and slide the panel out. U cant remove it for all i know.

G

·
I'm not too sure about the green speaker covers, but I must say the blue tweed looks pretty darn good! The quality of that job looks excellent! Hard, too. Hehe, glad I'm not the one putting white leather in my girl's car! LOL. Oh, wait, I'm paying for it. Dang. Stupid birthday presents.... :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts