New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Yeah open the door when you are standing outside the car look and you will see the black latch where the door hooks to when it closes anyhow push that thing in and it will go away. So find somethign that fits in that and it will stop the noise. Just make sure you take it out before you close the door....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Besides for putting something into the door latch which creates that damn ding noise, i let it ring and and found the source of the noise. It is a little rectangle metal box located by the fuse box underneath the dash, which you can pull down by a little latch there, mine popped out pretty easy, i used a flat head screwdriver and pushed down on the latch till it just popped out about 2-4 cm Thats all you need, the ring is disabled. NOW, before anyone else goes and does this i noticed that ford put something with the circuit to that little box things that make other items on the car act wierd. From what i remember my wipers did not turn on when i would goto put the sprayers on, meaning when you put the squirters on the wipers had to be turned on manually. I think there were a couple of others that i cant remember but watch for things. So i guess it makes the ding go away but other stuff doesnt work, it should be done with your own opinnion.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think that it also controls the 12 second timer on the interior light as well. If i remember correctly when I pulled the box, that didn't work anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Or you could always take off the rear pannels and pull out the plug on the sensor. That way you don't go making your car act all crazy. All you have to do it remove the pannel. Look where the front seat bealt comes down. You will see a little cut out area of the car, and inside it wires going to the sensor. Pull the plug, and put the pannel back on. I did this while installing my rear speakers and head unit. Made leaving the door open less painful. Plus I always seem to forget to pull out the stuffing if I just jam the sensor.

Hope this helped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts