New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I completely forgot about it this year....if anyone wants to donate to hamillfest my paypal address is...

[email protected]

your donation would go to the following...

cost of food/drinks/misc crap
lost $$ from camp site rental (for some reason I was $40 short)
cost of my cleaning services cleaning up my house and all the bottles lol.

and the best of all...since I'm such a great guy :) j/k

but in all seriousness, a few people did ask, so if you want to donate...there's the address :)

I know a couple people have bought some small items off me and I told them to hold off on payment, but then forgot to collect it. :)

Thanks for another great year of Hamillfest guys,

Dan

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i will donate some money to your cause since i'm the guy that always bails out at the last minute ;)

p.s. i wonder if we could convince trevor to have a raffle for hamillfest next year...i mean it seems like it keeps getting bigger and better every year :)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys...it's much appreciated...

as for a raffle for hamillfest....I personally don't think it's worth it. I maen, I usually haven't had any issues covering costs. In the last couple of years I think this is the first time I've asked for a donation (besides Mike whos allways helped out in the past)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Personally, I think Hamillfest should have its own section in the "events" folder! like Cougarfest, Cougarbash... Hamillfest.

hehe, I think Dan said that he would be worried that hfest would become too BIG if it was advertised like that though - and after this year, I believe him :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
Personally, I think Hamillfest should have its own section in the "events" folder! like Cougarfest, Cougarbash... Hamillfest. hehe, I think Dan said that he would be worried that hfest would become too BIG if it was advertised like that though - and after this year, I believe him :)
thats exactly what i said earlier...but i could see it gettin bigger but damn that would be fun

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bigger= more $$ for food, sites, people staying at my house Friday night :biggrin:

there is potential for things to go wrong...in a nut shell....which could cause us to loose the reputation we have there.

Don't forget, I am 100% responsible for the camp sites and the people staying on them. Hence why we get 50% off everything there. Believe it or not, Hydro sites are $45 and non hydro are $38. I get that deal because we used to have a 45ft trailor in that park and our family has been in that park since it opened in the late 70's. And we are not supposed to have more than one car per site (new rule for fire hazards up there)...not to mention we got alot of wood, and were basically left alone by management.

More is a cool "thought" but more responsibility at the same time. Not to metion, the idea is to keep costs down. We raise costs to much (eg - doubling the price of sites by going somewhere else) people won't come. Hell, Hamillfest 2K3 cost over $650 not even including food which was another $200. $150 spent by Mike for Trophies, $300 for hall rental, $100 for insurance, $75 for a liquor liscense (and I wasn't able to drink)...not to mention it was like $40 per site for camping....

Needless to say....I like the area we were going to....everyone has fun....it's not to loud, there's no "seperate groups" like you see at fest, and everyone gets aong. Add more people, some may disagree, and people [censored] and complain.....if the only complaint this year is I wasn't drunk and people thought I didn't have a good time....well, I can deal with that :)

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Without hesitation....I'll shoot ya some cash at Formula Cartways. Don't have Paypal set up.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
well i came to a financial dellema moments ago as I was sending you some money Dan...

I WANTED to send a few thousand... but I only HAVE a few hundred. :( I hope mine, along with everyone elses donation helps you out a bit! - and I would definitely like to help you out for next year too :)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all those who have donated thus far. These funds wil be going toward re-coupping some lost funds to this year in addition to next years fund. Thanks again everyone!

List of Paypal Donors include:

Ajay
Mark
Jason
Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.