New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
floor mats
I would love to have mats like these especially now that the snow is flying. I'm just curious if they fit the Cougars floor pan or just the Contour's. I'll probably call BAT Mon.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
it says right there on the site that they are for cougars.

·
5,273 Posts
I'd love a set of those too Bexcat. You go first, let me know if it fits ;)

I don't see where it says on that page that it fits Cougars, just says "contoured for exact fit". :shrug:

It would have to be pretty close I'd think... it's the same platform, I don't think the wheel wells changed much if at all between Contour and Cougar... you'd have to watch that left edge, where the Contour had the trunk release on the floor (in the pic you can see it).

If I get the chance, my sister owns a Contour, if she's got the fitted floor mats in hers, I'll test it in the Cougar and see if it fits, let you know before Monday.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I believe Kenny (GrandMasterKhan) was mistaken and was speaking of the wrong mats. I think if you go here that these mats will suffice your needs, and these are cheaper.

Z (jason)

·
5,273 Posts
Hey Bexcat, they'll fit just fine I'm pretty sure.

I flopped my driver's side Cougar mat down in my sister's Contour today, and looks like the only difference between the Contour and Cougar original equipment floormat is that little cutout on the left rear edge for the Contour's trunk release...

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: JScullin
I found a set of similar style mats (rubber dirt & snow catchers) at Autozone. They fit the entire floor area of the Coug nicely. You just may want to cut a hole for the drivers side hook so it doesn't slide up under the pedals.
Yeah id just go to there and pick a set for the winter! I picked a nice set of black ones for 10 buks, front and back! they actually look fairly nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts