New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i don't, but this sounds like a good reason to have a meet ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i've done neither, i don't trust myself enough to do suspension. had my lift kit professionally installed on my ranger, and if i could ever keep my cougar going long enough i'd have it bagged by now (which sucks cause all the parts to bag it are sitting in my bed room).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Wow, Mary was nice about not ripping Sonza a new one for the springs :biggrin:
Damn, that brings back memories of the beach. mmmmmm bikini's mmmmmmm. :naughty:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds good to me. We can have a meet at my place. Just need a time and date. This weekend is a 3 day for me, so let me know. I am pretty much open the rest of the month though.

CrAzYbEeRgUy: You've done the springs before?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Shak
That sounds good to me. We can have a meet at my place. Just need a time and date. This weekend is a 3 day for me, so let me know. I am pretty much open the rest of the month though.

CrAzYbEeRgUy: You've done the springs before?
i helped do my front, never did rear cuz it'll sit too low after i put my system in, but its not too hard :-D toughest part is gettin the damn strut back on

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Shak
Are there any special tools needed to get it done?
spring compressing tool, you can rent it at o'reileys or autozone and get a full refund when ya return em

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No need to install the springs now.... I took the car in to have it done and they broke the control arm trying to get it all apart....They said it was too rusted to do. Oh well.....Looks good enough as is. Got a new control arm out of it at least.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
so the springs didn't get put on?? :( that really sucks. how much were they going to charge to do it?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you want me to talk to my friend about it? he's a reallllllly good suspension guru, and he don't charge a whole heck of a lot. i bet it wouldn't cost more than a hundred bucks if you have all the parts and he could have it done super fast. if i could ever get my lazy arse up i'd go out there and have my crap put on (i've been saying that for 3 months lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.