Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it really looks cool.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the halos around the lights. I have seen it done before but have no idea how. I want to do mine in red. I also am putting red led's in the headlights, which will cause them to glow red. The LED's will be on 24/7, which may piss off my neighbors. I will attach the halo to my parking lights. I just don't know how to do it.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Because the 01-02s have the chrome insert on the lights, I've seen it done with cruisin lights and a paperclip...

How it was done, I don't know, but I am aware that the only two things used were cruisin lights (Blue) and two paperclips.

G

·
They make them for the tiburon on sharkracing I think. I dont think we can use them because of the size of the ring would be to big for our headlights. You can try to ghetto it and use that neon light string ****. But I think it would look like crap. But I know for a fact that alot of the tibrons have them. Look on newtiburon.com or sharkracing.com

·
Registered
475 Posts
my friend had a how to install on angel eyes for any car, i think u needed a shower curtain ring, a dremel, and an led or somthing, ill try to find the how to and post it

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So how do you do it??

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
First off, I want to thank Caterina for the inspiration to do this.. ;)

I just did this mod on one headlight today. Only one because this was my first time taking the headlights apart, and it took me a while to figure out how to wire it, and have it look it's best. I'll do the other one tomorrow.

The white LED's I bought from Radio Shack were Expensive!! $5.00 each! according to the link, you need two per headlight. The sales rep said it's so expensive because white is the hardest LED to power up, and it's not used as much as Red and Green.

I used a 10k ohm resistor, unlike the 220 ohm reccomended on the website. That's what the guy at Radio shack told me to use..

I found that the perfect mold to shape the ring with is a Pepsi Can. It is the perfect size to fit the rim of the headlights.

The other part that seemed tough was cuting (scratching) the ring evenly. It didn't seem evenly spaced, but from far away, it's tough to notice.

I put it on my High Beams since I don't use those that much. I took off that little cowl that is in front of the lens.

I superglued the ring to the headlights in small dots so that the superglue doesn't interfere with the light that is beaming through the ring. I put electrical tape on the LEDs (quite crappily too) so that they don't stick out.

I tapped a ground on one of the headlight wires, and hooked the positive straight up to the battery. I figure with such a low wattage coming from the LED's it won't be very much of a threat to draining my battery. (Think blinking red alarm LED on our dash, except not blinking).

EDIT: Sorry for the double post... :cover:

·
Registered
902 Posts
The only thing I dont like about the how to... is that is really brighton one part of the headlight where the actual LEDs are..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts