New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kinda curious before I shell out the money for installation. I have a DMD with crankshaft bolt and washer and Apex-i SAFCII. If anyone knows anyone that can do any of these installs plllease let me know. If not im gonna have to just save up for the install...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think I can help you with the DMD, but I have the tools to install the SAFCII. If you have any instructions on where to solder/splice I can help you out. Or at least give it a try. If you have any instructions and you can get them to me, I can more than likely tell you for sure whether I can do it by looking at them.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet dude, theres a how to on here somewhere , but im about to head out for work so I dont have much time to search, but Ill give ya a call or something....maybe we can sneak into your shop :rofl:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey George - I take it the SAFC is how you are going to do your dyno tuning. Are you going to go to Balanced Performance? How much did you pay for it? I have no idea why I am asking except morbid curiousity as I am not going to be putting any money into the Coug for a while - other concerns are pressing. But my brain won't keep quiet. Is it mainly for getting the most out of other mods or will there be some gain just from it?

And I thought you already had the dual mass damper? Unless I am getting my acronyms mixed up.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
hey man we can do that at my dads shop if ya wanna make the trip.....and bring me my damn seats :biggrin:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually managed to get up enough dough to get it installed at MaxPerf. Im loving it right now, however Im not going to even touch the settings until it gets dyno tuned. I plan on having two setups, one for daily driving and having it tuned, and tuning it on the nitrous. Overall cost at balance for two hours of extensive Wideband should be about 320ish. So itll be probably end of February before I can even consider doing it. Im going to swap my plug wires out, install the DMD, check plugs (possibly install a fresh set), and get a fresh oil change before I head over.

Heres a shot of the AFC II, im actually glad I got it installed professionaly, cause the second generation is a little different from the original, and umm the Wiring diagram was pretty intimidating looking, well the one that was packaged. But everything works great! I cant wait to get tuned

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts