New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do would you please post them im intrested in there kit but wanna see it on a cougar first. also how does it sound and what kind of performance gains did u get.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Performance: Awesome
Sound: Loud
Pics: Not Yet, but I'll try to get pics this weekend!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would you say bassani is probably the best for the cougar performance wise?
it looks good to me its stainless steel and the coplete setup has quad tips for about $500

·
Registered
972 Posts
Definately the best performance wise, but loud. The car growls very well, and is quite at idle or low RPM cruising speed, but once you step on it people will know!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what does the sound compare to ,its not a whinning sound right does it have a loud rumble like a v8?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also i have also wondered since the factory exhaust is basically silent, does that mean that it could be holding back alot of horsepower. also about how much lighter is the bassani exhaust compared to the factory exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too have the Bassani exhaust! At first I didn't think I was going to like it but I've had time to get used to it and now love it. Just stay out of the 3000-3500 rpm range, too much resonating, other than that, it's a nice growl. I have an automatic and it sounds its best when doing between 50-60mph and you stomp it and it downshifts and sounds mean and really pulls hard. Can't wait to get my headers on!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what do you mean too much reasonating between 3000 -3500 rpms? and do you have any pics of it on your car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It just doesn't sound good between those rpms when accelerating, sounds like a crappy car with no exhaust and no, I don't have any pictures yet. I'm waiting to get my gfx on before taking any pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.