New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
i would like too know too, peeps got em done, i heard it can be difficult, if not sealed right, problems with condensation in ure lights and a lot more could occur

·
Registered
733 Posts
i know a few people have this done, can anybody share some info?

·
Registered
430 Posts
so far i've heard you can get it done at the dealership, i dont remeber if i am right but pretty sure, also if its right i think its $$ like $140

N

·
0 Posts
As far as I know, the best, cheapest way to paint your actualy headlights is to buy clear headlight covers, like from Carparts or S&P motorsports, or direct from the dealers, GTS or Lund, whoever. Mine should have been here a few days ago, Carparts sucks, but I got them cheaper there, 15% discount or something. I am having the inside painted the way I mask them off, so rock chips, weather, and car washes won't affect the paint. Or, you can do what I almost did, and some others have done, which is to take the lens apart, and paint the inside black plastic area. It looks cool if done right, and you could probably paint that yourself if you were careful, it would be hard to tell if it matched the cars color in the lens. I didn't like the black trim around the headlight assembly, that is the whole reason I decided to do it this way. Your other options are to use vinyl "masks", you can get that from S&P motorsports for about $15. It just sticks on to the headlight lens in whatever shapes you want to create. Finally, mask the headlight assembly and take them to a dealership to have them painted. This is probably not the best way since they could chip and peel and fade and whatnot. Plus you can't undo it very easily. I like my plan, and it only cost me about $25 or so for the headlight covers (clear), and it will be about $50 to paint them, and the black plastic around my side mirrors.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I got my headlights painted at the dealer for $100.00 --- they are painted on the outside and the paint matches perfectly.... they did a great job.... see the link in my sig for a look at what they look like...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts