New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you install the mini lights, and what are the best light bulb to use.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Are you talking about the little lens that sits above the parking light and the low beam on the headlight assembly? Can a bulb be put in there? I've also been wondering about it. I haven't seen any other posts about it, so I'm going to assume that we can't get them around here....hope I'm wrong.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes some members have done the mod. look under Audio & Electrical then look for Mini Lights with a twist, members talked about them but has not post a how-to.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just finished reading those posts and I have no idea what they are all talking about. It all sounds like french to me. Hopefully someone posts a "how to" (hope it's not too difficult)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you just want to take out the stock mini-light and put a blue/red blub (Only ones I have seen so far) All you have to do is drop out the headlight, pull out the stock mini and put in the newly bought colored light (I paid $ 1.99 for a set of blue bulbs). I have a 01 and I know our assembly's are different than 99 and 00 so I dont think I can help with those

Edit: I bought the bulbs from a local auto parts store (Murray's)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Search for mini lights and you will come accross Stitch's how-to. It is on the old board. If you give me your e-mail address I have copied the webpage.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People make it more difficult than it is. I went to advance auto and bought these $13 cruisin lites from street glow, they come pre-wired. You take out your headlight, pull off the backing piece, and between the parking light and lowbeam there is a little hole where you can fit a light. Wire the mini light to your parking light and make something to hold the mini light in place. I did it the easy way, i wrapped electrical tape around the end to make it wider, then just stuck it in. It's been there for about a month. Doesn't show up perfect with v-tech covers though. Still looks cool at the right angles. Whole thing took about 10 minutes tops. Any other questions, just ask.
Peace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts