New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
you need to drop the gas tank... i forget if the bolts are in front or behind the tank but they are on thoses two steel straps holding it up... get a jack under the gas tank... undo the straps the gas tank will fall a little... you don't need to take it out, just need to make some room... also make sure the main busings and end link bushings are all unbolted... from there it should be pretty obvious....

·
Registered
126 Posts
How are you doing puck I find a better way to install the front driver plate.
I was installing my bar and then this got on the way so I did not want it to drop the tank neither unbolt anything so I was brainstorming for a about 5 minutes and then it pop up (Aztec technology baby!!!!!!!!)
My dad is an electrician so I remember how we used to fish the cables on customer house without breaking any drywall. so after this story here it goes
find a wire no to think I think on metric so about 2 mm o 3mm think by 3 or 4 feet long flexible but not to much.

first make o ring on the tip of the wire kind of a hook really ----------0 then try to pass a wire from the top of the car thru the hole then the person under the car will try to pull it down.

2. try to pass thehook for one of the hole of the plate I preferred the one is to the center of the car
l
l
l wire
l----------------------plate
0 hook

try to check pull the plate on the correct position so it line up correctly ones it up keep the cable with some tension and the person under the car will try to line up the other hole and push up the other side of the plate with a long bar, screw driver etc.
from the top used a thin screw driver to line up the hole screw the bolt an wallah you got it, tied the bolt so the plate does not move push the cable down line the hole with the screw driver and tied the bolt.

hope it help I will try to get pictures of this

Gabriel if you speak spanish I will explain this better drom me an e mail or a pm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts