New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where to post this, but my g/f is going to be babysitting for her aunt this week, and we are trying to figure out the easiest way to fit a infant car seat in the car. Anyone able to help me out here with details, pics, etc....?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
810 Posts
since there are no anchors use the seat belt locks...pull out the seat belt the whole way then when it makes the clicking sound it is locked and will not pull back out until it is retracted the whole way again....in the manual...I was bored tonight at work and actually read most of it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Their is anchors. They are on the back wall of the trunk.Unless you removed yours or something but my car has one on each side. Of course you would have to take the rear deck lid out.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My early 99 did not come with the anchors. I had to go and pick up one from the ford dealer and install it. The two different baby seat's that I have never really fit properly in the cougar so I never use the cougar to take the baby anywhere.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Because of the bucket seats, you want to make sure when you tighten the seatbelt that you put your whole weight on it. That will stop the rocking. It will leave indents in your seat for a while, but they will go away after a while. I had one in my back seat for a whole year and they eventually went away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.