New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that I have been getting more agressive when driving. One day at work we were talking about what annoys us the most about driving. I thought about it and very simply is having anybody in front of me.

I also realize I haven't always been this way. I am thinking my attitude probably started changing when I started modding. Do you think yours changed?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The only way my mods have affected my "Roadatude" is that my suspension mods and tires have given me full confidence that my car simply won't shake off the road. It just plain sticks around bends and so forth. Bends that are marked with 25mph limits i tend to take at 40-45 or more.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I find myself frustrated by people who slow down for turns or highway ramps (except some of the really tight and bumpy ones). It's even worse if I'm driving with my R compounds on the street.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
maybe not mods but driving in general. I live in a crowded city and everyone drives soooo slow. All below speed limit and take a half hour for turns. I would just be happy if everyone kept a decent speed and didnt take so long for turns id be happy. Although I have no suspension mods on my car yet, stock is soo good I find when other people are riding with me yelling at me to slow down when turning, even though I drive it mild. with intake and exhaust though I like to hear my motor scream every now and then though.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
hell yeah, after my suspension upgrades and new tires, I wanna just ram the people in front of me on turns and on/off ramps... There's a reason I'm on the expressway! I'm in a hurry! Now get the hell outta my way!

I've also found that I cut down on my time getting to work and school.. It use to take me 10 minutes to get to work.. now I've gotten it down to 4 minutes! That's unless a slow ass car is in front of me. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
Even before my car was lowered I hate when Minivans & SUV's drive in the high-speed/p***ing lane. Especially when they have some stupidly dark tint that comes standard. As if they have a hard enough time seeing cars on the road, lets take away the rear set of windows!

I hate not being able to see cars well ahead of me because of that.

EDIT:

For some reason I put "breakdown" lane instead of p***ing. I'm not one of those a-holes either.

M

·
0 Posts
Not directly, parenthood did. Does that qualify for a mod, e.g, babyseat in the back...:evil:

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
I don't think it was the mods that did it... I've already been a crazy driver. I hate more than anything to be behind someone, so I'm always [email protected] and weaving. I've been that way long before I modded the cougar, on prior cars no where near as nice as the cougar.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea every time I do something performance-wise and I try to 'test' it out on the highway against various cars, but I get spanked by another Honda so it motivates me to do more.

Mike

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Yeah I'm a little weird the more I modded my motor on the cougar the slower I started to drive.
Ask Cat88 from Ohio NECO. I cruise around like my car is almost out of gas. (doing the speed limit but barely)

Before I thought it was because I drive a 91 Geo prizm (hell yeah) all the time and just got
used to going slow. But I think it's because I just like to be gentle on my car until
a race presents it self. Or I'm at the track.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yea I just hate it when slow @ss cougars get in my way every morning ;) hehehehehe just teasing.

Well at first yea it affected me in wanting to drive alittle harder. I use to typicall do anywhere from 90 to 120 in the HOV lane every morning on the way to Nashville until I hit the crowded areas.

I now however keep it under 80 and when I hit the crowded areas I take it slow. No need to be in that much of a rush hehe, and yea 80-85 still too fast for the freeway in a sense but hey, fast cars are meant to go fast.

In the rain, or upcoming winter weather I'll be taking the car exteremly slow, especially on the low end of things. There is times even on dry asphalt I'll break traction between a stop (ofcourse) on up to nearly 30mph. Don't even have to go wot, the stall just kicks in if i give it too much gas.

Winter is going to be a challenge. All season tires soon to be on rear and ALOT of weight added to the trunk hehe. I got stuck last year in the Mustang. . . this TA has been modded heavly compared to the GT so not sure how I am going to do things this year hehe.

Actually I know. . . .get stuck more than once heh.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Good Subject, yes I have noticed that I drive more aggresively now that my car is modded then when it was stock

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I absolutely HATE with a passion when you are driving in a double lane and some moron is driving in it next to some other car going the same speed!

My son says my horn has become a source of morse code. I will honk it like in syllables the same way I am yelling at them.

I will be dangerous once I get strut bars. I once took a curve in the cougar going near 50. I felt the car "lift" on passenger side. It didn't take tires off road but you could feel the car lifted up some.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Well when I got a AEM short ram intake in my stock looking car and was able to hear the engine I was a maniac on the road.
Just reving on streets to hear my engine roar.

BUT
When I got my bodykit and rims with low profiles I started to drive like a grandpa
Dont want to bend the rims or scratch the bodykit and more cautious going down streets with manholes or potholes.
On the freeway (where the pavement is so smooth) I am flying

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I am sorta opposite.

Now that my cougar is loud i tend to drive slowly and with less throttle. So as not to draw the attention of the Blue Light Special. The extra power and mods make it easier to drive. I guess I drive more conservativly now that my car is slammed.

However I ran the piss out of my car when it was nearly stock. Hehe but there is a GOOD chance i will be testing her new mods when my cougar comes out of the shop. :biggrin:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: MetallicaCougs
One day at work we were talking about what annoys us the most about driving. I thought about it and very simply is having anybody in front of me.
werd... I hate having people infront of, behind, or beside me.

I'm like a T-Rex, very territorial... i dont like other drivers around me.... *ROAR!* :evil: :tongue:

the worst... and i mean worst, is now that i got my Groundcontrols... i love doing that big circular on ramp 'loop' at *slightly* above the recommended speed limit. But when there is a damn mini-van doing 20mph and we just crawl around it, then he/she merges into traffic at 30mph. :mad::mad::mad:

i would ALMOST rather get kicked in the nuts... almost.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Me having a loud stereo makes me drive aggressively.

M

·
0 Posts
the car did it for me, with the cougar i felt fast and was aggressive, with my EVO? i am expectantly worse.....much worse.....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
since my car will be "perfect and custom" next year with my approval I'll probably be driving it like grandpa. Don't want to scratch or bend anything since its show an awful lot. Plus since I've gotten into a well known club of nothing but good people and who have respect for everyone else my driving has toned down alot. I use to be a maniac but now I am more of a "responsible" driver...

Minus the fact my car is going to be highly illegal next year ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I been driving more grandpa style lately - I think I am overly worried that my Cougs getting a bit older and she still has to last a good while for me. I tried to combat that by getting a few bolt-ons to reliven up the experience. But it sort of backfired - now I'm really worried I messed something up - I've even driven around with the radio off listened to it. Ugh - I bought a GTech to try to motivate myself to get jiggy more often and that kind of worked, trying to best my own 0-60 runs. I'm going to get exhaust next year (nothing super loud) but figure I will enjoy getting on the gas after that (and I have the struts bars back and I front I gave myself for Xmas I haven't had time to install) - so hopefully I can get a little more passion back.

Oh, and living in Atlanta makes me mad at the other drivers, regardless of how I drive. Other people suck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts