New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I entered my car into a show this past weekend, and I don't have any engine modifications, but I saw a lot of of people checking out my engine? Weird right?
Anyways, I was thinking about getting a dress up engine kit, like from Hose Techniques, in silver or blue.
Painting the Calipers....but can we paint around the circluar part next to the rotors? If I do paint it, what color? My car is melina blue, it's kind of hard to match it with blue paint or even purple paint, because it's so in between.
My friend said he would do some chromelusion to my engine bay, but does it have to be heat resisitant paint? Or can we just use any paint? (chromelusion)
My next show is on May 20th, I need to win somewhere!
My Weapon R Dragon Intake is on it's way but I don't even know if I'm going to install it because I heard from somewhere that the heat will cause air flow not to function properly. Is that true?

please help me answer these questions and give me some ideas =>

thanks

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Did you place at all? I just had a show sunday and I placed 2nd in a class of all older cougars who had chromed out engine bays. All you have to do it get the dirt out the real hard to reach areas. I lost points for deep engine bay areas and rims scratches. Thank God new rims will be ordered next week

G

·
Unless you're painting the intake manifold....you can use spray paint in your engine bay. Chromalusion would kick ass. I have white in mine. Looks nice when clean>
you can paint your hubs, but I don't see why you'd want to unless its to stop the rust. that's what I'm doing, and I'm painting them to match the calipers.
Hose techniques makes good stuff. I also have loom covering what I didn't want the hose to cover, gives it some more texture.

My Engine Bay

Geocities is gay, but there's a pic of my engine bay on there. Grrr, I wish they'd let you link pics.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James..I was supposed to get picked, (according to Frank from Lowrider) but since Morph's Cougar...Zinc Yellow Special Edition, was yellow, they needed a car with more racing colors for their night show for the premiere.

My car was spotless..I didn't have a spot on it.
I will be making a come back on May 20th for the show for 95.3
I already made an apointment with my body shop friend for this whole weekend..lets see what I do next! heheh

Thanks Heather, I will be thinking about the colors over the weekend, it's just hard to match colors with my car, unless it's chrome or black...=<

G

·
Well Dupli-color has a spray paint set that is strictly chromalusion. I know that they have silver/green, I forgot the other colors. I've never seen this set, so I don't know how it'll look, but if you find it could you let me know??

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heather,

I went to Home Depot today and they have this stuff called Rustoleum Spray Paint...I was thinking maybe a florescent blue??? Do you think that would look to flashy and tacky? Cuz i already have a blacklight that I could use for the night show coming up and i think it would look niceeeeeeeeeee but chromelusion spray paint would be nice..maybe expensive..I will look out for it... let you know this week

Susan

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
ChromaLusion spray paint is not available from Dupont if you are looking for an affect like my car or any car painted with Dupont's Absolute Purpleen. The Spray Paint stuff is mostly try color paint which is almost what Melina Blue is.

G

·
flourescent blue would look nice, IMO. I have my blacklight in my cabin to set off all of the white, looks good, blue would look awesome with the black light tho. the only problem i had with the blacklight was finding paint and clear that would react to it. I finally ended up buying blacklight paint, and then clearing it with krylon high gloss lacquer. Looks nice, when the light is on, it all glows a nice blue/purple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.