New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace the front rotors on my '99 Cougar V6 (with 15" factory alloys, no ABS) because they're rusting, and I was looking at the Brembos on Tire Rack. However, for the front it gives a choice of either 260mm or 278mm rotors -- which fits my vehicle? :confused:

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
if you're sitting on 15's then you have 260mm.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, that's what I thought after I did a little more searching and cross-referenced some part numbers ... thanks :)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Now...if you swap from the 15s to 18s...can you run a 278mm rotor with the factoy 260mm calipers or would you have to switch to a caliper that came with a OEM 278mm rotor?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
whats the cars born on date? I have a non sports package Coug with a born on date of 8/12/98 and I have rotors all around and the same size as the sports package peeps..

if the car has drums in the rear then yes you will have 260mm in front.. if you have fanblade 15's with discs in the rear then you will have 278mm.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Originally posted by: Y2Kat
Now...if you swap from the 15s to 18s...can you run a 278mm rotor with the factoy 260mm calipers or would you have to switch to a caliper that came with a OEM 278mm rotor?
IIRC, the 278mm and 260mm rotors use the came caliper, but you need a new caliper mounting bracket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts