New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, do cougars have boost on them? and also is it possible to take a turbo from a sabb and place it in a cougar? please let me know. thanks

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: ShinyBlackCat
Are you high by chance?
Would you like to be? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
No, maaaybe, no, HELL YES

Couldnt you use the turbo unit itself if you had the knowledge/$/resources to make your own turbo kit for the cougar? I know someone with an SR20DET in his 240SX thats using a turbo out of an Volvo 740.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
:rofl: just when you thought they've asked everything...... :rofl:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
No, maaaybe, no, HELL YES

Couldnt you use the turbo unit itself if you had the knowledge/$/resources to make your own turbo kit for the cougar? I know someone with an SR20DET in his 240SX thats using a turbo out of an Volvo 740.
Oh god, why use such a small turbo on an SR20???

·
Registered
314 Posts
first i wanna know why he put a smaller turbo in the SR20??

and to stay on topic the answer is no, no and what would make you even ask that question

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Actually, some cougars do have boost, its just not stock. And yes, if you want to make a turbo kit yourself with a SAAB turbo, you can do it. Seawulf is using a WRX turbo on his Zetec.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I'll sell you this outstanding Cougar turbo!!!!
I completely engineered the entire thing myself
(with the help of Toro Yard Tools)

don't take it personal we are just joking around with ya kid.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
As far as the Volvo 740 Turbo goes in the Sr20,

i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. He gets 16lbs of boost out of it :shrug:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have found turbo kits for cougars but they cost way to much and i have seen an articale about boost beofre thats why i asked that question

·
0 Posts
i tend to point out the obvious, my bad....atleast i didnt ask the topic question hahaha

·
0 Posts
As far as the question of putting a turbo from another type of car onto the Cougar, I won't flame you, but I will say this......
Anything is possible. The limits on this phrase, however, are your budget and know-how.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
^good avatar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts