New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DK is an EVIL twit!

Read the last post.

I was running some errands for work and off US 422E/ Rt 306N my driver rear tire blows. I didnt run over anything just blew, blew like there was no tomorrow. I was doing about 70mph when it happened. Right now I am calling around to find something that is at least close to what I have but there isnt anything. :-/ S.O.B! Summit Racing.. nope. Anything local nope.... Well the closest they can get any in is 7-10 days from now... THIS SUCKS A$$$..! Well in reality its just the tires fault..

Well off to call more people...

Sarev.

Edit, 5:00pm:
Hamad Tire Co. Out of Akron
Cooper- 71$ (all the required stuff included)

Nash Out of Akron
Some brand I have never heard of- 85.99$ (all the required stuff included)

Guess who im going with.. Read the last post.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
RE:DK is an EVIL twit!

that sucks, sorry to hear that!

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts
RE: DK is an EVIL twit!

$71 bucks is a STEAL. The Firestones and BFG's are both about twice that around here...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I finally talked to someone at summit racing.. its a 2wk wait before they can get exactly the same tire thats on my car now, even tho its listed in the catalog. :shrug:

Still going with cooper

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts

Does anyone make a 40- or 50-series tire with white letters? That's so muscle-car. I'd like to see a Cougar with white letter tires.

My dad's 68 GTO had tires with outline italic white letters, and they looked like effin' SAW BLADES. Of course, the sidewalls in 1968 were like 80-series or so...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thats the 55 series. Once i have then on i will take pics of dk with them on. :)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts

DRAGON *****!

·
5,303 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts

I must be slow today....erm, well, not couting the speeding ticket this morning. Cause up till now i thought the title said "DK is an EVIL twin!" Now i see the "twit" and the title doesn't confuse me as much anymore, lol.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

DK = Dragon *****. Look at my signature box below.

Yeah I looked at tirerack.com but I need them by tomorrow. Hamad tire are doing tomorrow cause I have to go back to the place where it happed again on thursday. I cant complain but my 3wks of expense checks are blown on tires. :-/

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mom just called to tell me that they found that both front wheel barrings are worn to the point of no return. So I have to get tires and both wheel barrings replaced. About 488$ later and an extremly light pocket I still have no car cause dads taking it in to have the transmission looked at and the starter pulled its crap again. If my parents did not drive my car today they wouldnt have known anything was wrong. Mom just told me that for my 21st bday (about 5 months from now) Dragon ***** is going bye-bye. :cry: Im really sad now. :( I guess its time to stop wasting my time with car problems and actually get a truck.

Later Days,
Sarah

·
5,303 Posts
Um, yea, 'cause wasting your time with truck problems instead is so much better...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I owe more than my f*** car is worth. And to get the damn thing back to where its decent I could own two cars of the same year.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
I must be slow today....erm, well, not couting the speeding ticket this morning. Cause up till now i thought the title said "DK is an EVIL twin!" Now i see the "twit" and the title doesn't confuse me as much anymore, lol.
hahahahahahahhaahahhahaah, thats great. your one silly guy brian.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thankfully we have the nice little title paperwork sitting at home. it is a wonderful feeling - too bad i can't get a new one for a few years cuz i'm ready. not that i don't love the cougar - but there are some pretty sweet cars on the market right now.

B

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have in mind what I might do. My 21st bday is coming up and I think I am going to try and trade in the cougar for something thats a little better for off roading. Like a 4x4 1500 DODGE! Yes! :drool:: Eh, I will see how things go over the next couple of months.

Later.
Sarv

1 - 20 of 20 Posts