New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have done a little research and I came up with the following. I have a 99 Cat so a dry nitrous system would be best for me, plus i hear its alot safer too. My only questions are, is there any disadvantages to a dry system over a wet one? and how much performance difference is there?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The only difference in performance is that a wet kit can be tuned to give you a tad bit more horsepower due to the added fuel. Thats about it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Get a wet kit, don't bother with a Dry. Tuning issues would actually be a factor in keeping your engine for a few extra miles ;)

With all the safty devices that comes with both kits, it's basically up to you what to run. I would imgaine both are just as good.

But dry kits hmmmm has more of a chance to hiccup than a wet kit. Dry kits rely on your cars computer setup. If for any reason the computer add enough fuel, or too much you can have drastic results. I know on LS1's that's a good way of blowing either your motor or having backfires into your intake manifold and blowing it threw the roof.

Wet kits. . .well same deal. You have fuel and nitrous going through your intake and backfires are far greater. But you don't have to rely on the computer to mix the fuel correctly. It's already done.

So if going with a Wet kit......be sure to get whatever stage you are looking for. I know with NX you would want a NS Stage I kit and a Gen-X1 upgrade (includes blowdown tube, nitrous gauge, fuel safty switch and bottle heater). The Gen-X2 has all the X1 has but also includes a purge kit.

Then also get yourself a window with which ever pills you require to make sure it shuts it off between shifts. Even for an automatic, it's not required but I highly suggest it to keep your tranny lasting longer.

And btw a wet kit is measured to the wheels compared to a dry kit. You run a 75 dry shot you might hit about 40 to 50 on the wheels. You run a 75 wet shot, well you got 75 extra ponies on the wheels.

It might be different btw as I'm coming from a LS1 point of view, but regardless, wet is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.