New Cougar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
3/27 FAR MLRS (or HIMARS, by now). Our orderly room was right at the corner of Ardennes and Merill Street. Our battalion HQ right up the hill from there on the right with the tan howitzer and mechanized artillery pieces in front.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Im gonna have to read the signs next time I run up through there Im not familiar with it.. Im way down where ardennes runs into another road at the 20th Engineers and Psy-ops or however they spell it I remember the cannon just not familiar with what numbers on the building there

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
oh you was wayyyy up the road from where Im at probably close to 3 miles or more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
oh you was wayyyy up the road from where Im at probably close to 3 miles or more.
That was just our motor pool, though. I hated being that far from the motor pool, but we were the only track vehicles on post and had to be near Area J to avoid the hardball. What's your unit?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
used to be the 27th engineers now its changed to 264CC

·
Registered
49 Posts
Then that means 3/27 probably changed, too. I'm sure our Brigade is still there, though. (18th Field Artillery) This is what I used to operate:

[video=google;2103294939226216994]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2103294939226216994&ei=tC-ESvPoE6jaqwLJ7uDfDg&hl=en[/video]

Steel Rain baby!:banana:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Awesome video seen some familiar stuff in there. dude we dont even use those uniforms anymore they got us in that ACU digi camo stuff. but I think I seen a HEMMIT wrecker in there and a few Humvees which aint actually how its spelled and a few LMTV's those are what I work on Im actually one of the mechanics that keep those going technically Im a mechanic for graders dozers duece's all the stuff you build FLS's and FOB walls with. still love to see the fireworks at night on those videos though looks alot better in person though

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think HEMTTs broke down more than any other vehicle we had. Even the HMMWVs weren't that bad. One time our HEMTT got stuck in some sand (even with 8x8) and the wrecker got stuck too trying to get us out. The M88 had to pull us both out. LOL

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
yeah the 88's are monsters never got to operate one but seen them during MRAP class

·
Registered
49 Posts
The packs on those things are as big as sub-compact cars. Every time the engine rev'd, you could feel the ground rumble a quarter mile away.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
back on topic lol

For those that are traveling, there will be plenty to do when you all show up. We wont just be sitting in a parking lot polishing our hoods. Even though Id be fine with that. lulz

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
lol i actually understood what they were talking about lol....

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
and I have so much to do :(

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Christian... i come home sunday... and if im not busy taking my drivers school to maybe get a work permit.... i'd come by and help ya with anything...
Well I'm going to do what I can this week after work while I have light and then the current plan is to be out working on it all day Sat & Sun so you're welcome to come by.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
We need one more person for the dyno on friday, let me know :)

61 - 80 of 82 Posts