New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to make a long story short, I was too busy watching the Redwings Hockey game last night, and left my moon roof open.... It rained for a few hours and I didn't even notice.

This morning to my disgust, when I closed it, the whole bottom of the moon roof is dirty.

So my question is... what is the best way to clean the ceiling of my car??

Its such delicate fabric, I don't want to just smear the dirt all over.

Anywho, thanks anyone for their help :)

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
This should be moved to Car Care. Your answer is Tuff Stuff foam cleaner. :) Tried and proven by many Cougar owners, great stuff. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you guys think this'll work on a waterstain as well? when I bought my car, for some reason theres a huge watermark right behind the reading lights and i've tried armorall stain remover and something else (i forgot brand name) but it had a scrubber that the soap came thru and nothing helped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try meguires all purpose cleaner in the purple bottle. i had some juice explode and bake into the fabric on the ceiling. not only did it remove that, but also the waterstains from previous cleaning attempts, lipstick, dr. pepper. you get the idea. what we did: use a very small amount on a damp cloth, get your elbow working and rub it in. then, use a clean part of your damp cloth and wipe it. finally, comb the area using the little brush thingy like is on top of car carpet shampoo. works pretty well.

·
Administrator
11,577 Posts
Am I the only one confused by this? If your moonroof was open wouldn't the rest of your interior be drenched? Of all things I would think that the underside of the moonroof & ceiling would be dry unless the rain fell upwards from inside the car.:shrug::confused:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Lipstick??? how did you get lipstick up there?

hrmm. nevermind. ;)

EDIT: LOL.. good point JScullin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your lucky the water didnt go down into the gauge cluster, i left my roof open, obviusly my seats got soaked, but the water actually made its way into the gauge cluster and messedup the digital readout, after about 1 week it cleared itself up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you wanna know, the lipstick was on the visor beside the mirror. not on the ceiling, just the same fabric :biggrin:
dirty minds....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts