New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think winer is finally over up here and I want to clean up my calipers.... any suggestions on a good cleaner?
any response appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
A wet towel works fine for me. Are yours painted? I painted mine yellow and they have like 6 coats on them so they are really smooth. Most of the dirt doesn't even stick and if it does it comes right off with a towel. Other wise if you haven't done anything to them maybe a wire brush would help.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
If your calipers are covered in salt, wire brush them. I just did this last Friday because I'm getting them ready to paint. I sat there for at least a half hour wire brushing to get everything off, and that was just one caliper. Of course by the time I finished it was too cold to paint
I tried first to wash them up with soap but that didn't do anything.

Ken Z.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.
Hey Blackcoog, you live in Minnesota?...Finally another Neco member from the land of 10,000 flooded lakes

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Where you at I have gone crusing down in Minneapolis and I have only seen one cougar (with only a andy's front bumper but nothing else). It would be cool to have more cougar people down there we should hook up some time if you are close and go and check out all of the show cars down there on the weekends.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just on the southside of the cities (bout 20 min. @75mph)
yah sure, we can do that...we'll talk after this weekend. I'm leaving for the weekend.
sent you a PM

catch up with you in traffic...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.