New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a optima battery.... but which one is the best and why ??? I went to the store and they've -->RED TOP-->YELLOW TOP-->
and -->BLUE TOP... YELLOW is the most expensive but why??? Theses 3 battery have almost indentical specs....

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Its probably best to go to Optima's website and read up on the differences between them. They are NOT the same specs. Red for powering your car, yellow for powering your stereo, blue for powering your boat. (I think that's right, at least.)

E1

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I just bought a yellow, cuz I was on my orignal battery and it was cranking slowly and almost about to die, plus not to mention just added a stereo. Lights were dimming like crazy. Yellow top fixed it, cranks insanely fast now and no lights dimming. I paid 160 at Autozone, which is one expensive battery, but you are getting the best, plus they switched it out for me which was a plus.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not to make you feel bad but Costco, Sams, and Wall Mart have those also, much discounted. Did you get any credit for giving them your old battery? Most places give you some $ (not sure how much) for recycling the battery.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I got the Yellow Top for my Cougar... it's the single battery in the car, powering all of the electronics, the system, and any of the dependant sources, too.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Id rather had paid more to get it done at autozone, I had some little things wrong in engine bay that he was out there fixing while he was replacing battery. Autozone has awesome customer service. I'm sure there are cheaper places, but Id miss out on the freebies.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have to agree, AutoZone is the best auto store around. Their customer service is top notch, they always help for free. Usualy their prices are cheep also, batteries are the one thing that you can usualy find $30 cheaper though. Im all about the money so that is a lot for me. Then again, I usaly dont have lots of little things wrong in my engine bay :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts