New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I tried and tried with the search and came up with nothing......

Can someone give me tips and maybe a few pics on removal of the air silencer?

Thanks in Advance.
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you meen to tell me that out of all the cougar owners on this site that none of you will help me with this one.
I thought this site and the guys on it were different....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i remember correctly, i just removed that rubber piece connecting the air box to the fender with my hand :shrug: just squish the bottom and top of the rubber boot and it should wiggle out farely easy mang.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I do not know what you are refering to, but thought I would post so you don't get discouraged.

Most of us have aftermarket exhaust, hich is what I would suggest to you. I have Borla Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust and realized considerable gains from it. Removing the silencer will probably just make the car loud and not do a whole lot for HP. Check the for Sale section for exhaust. They are usually fairly cheap used.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you're talking about the intake...then in theory...we don't have an air silencer on the cougars. An air silencer is a big box that WOULD be in the fender, connected to the airbox. But we don't have one. Most cars have these to quite the intake down...and catch the possible water that could go in the airbox.

If you talking about the inside of the airbox...rip out (or dremel out) the plastic piece that is restricting the air from the tube.

Answer your question???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.