New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, decided to suck it up and try it, and my report is that I DID notice a difference in the time is took to upshift, it didn't take nearly as long and the shift actually had a little kick to it. But this was only when I was gettin into the throttle, at normal speeds through town and stuff I didn't really notice much of a difference in the shifts. But what I will say that where I noticed the most difference was in the brakeing. It's a lot smoother when coming to a stop and I don't have to ride the brake as much when entering a corner of a backroad at high speed which gives me more time to slide my foot to the gas and hammer it exiting the corner. I only had it in and played for about an hour and a half before parking it for the week so as far as MPG I can't really tell ya right now, I tried to see but I kept wantin to get into it. I used a 7/32" hole, disconnected my battery, drove to Home Depot (25 miles) and came back, drilled the hole and put it in. The actually thing only took maybe 2 min. So far I have to give a recommendation to do the mod, for 18 cents you can't beat it. I'll drive it some more next weekend and elaborate on anything else i've noticed, bad and/or good. And who says you can't buy anything for a buck these days.........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Glad to hear it worked for the best.. also.. did you know you can get all your long distance calls for only 99 cents for up to 20 minutes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.