New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all these cougars going for like 7 grand all the time on here. Actually not going, they don't get sold.

I bought my 2001 Cougar C2 for 14000. Whats up with that? We even talked them down from 16500. And the Kelly Blue Book vaule was like 14500. It came with a body kit and all those C2 things, it was real nice.

But did I we pay way too much for it? Oh yeh, it had like 25000 miles. IIRC

EDIT: And it was bought in like November 2002

·
Registered
660 Posts
I bought an I-4 2002 with 8000 mile on it for 13900. So I would say you got a good deal. I would have paid more for one of the packages. Plus it is kind of hard to get financed buying a car from an individual.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes, yes you did.

I paid 16 new. My friend bought a '99 eclipse GS last year with 60,000 miles for 6,400 and it was in perfect condition.

If you were buying the hot new car that was bringing in a premium over MSRP that would be one thing, but dealers were trying to give the things away.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm guessing you bought it from a dealership? You have to keep in mind that you're always going to pay more buying from a dealership than you would buying from and individual or off ebay. In most cases, a good bit more.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i know exactly what u mean, and they always say a car is the worst investment u can ever make, well its true. i wrote this in the "regret" thread....

i bought my car brand new, right off the delivery truck, i've had it for a little over 3 years now. after u buy it and when its time to sell it, its not worth sh*t! i paid approx. 22000 for it, which included all packages available and my local dealers "special edition" package. i got a 5 and a half year loan, and i owe now about 7250 with 2 years and 3 months to go. i just went to look at another car and see what they would give me for mine and at that time, about a month ago) they offered me $15 LESS than what i owed on it. anyways its a big long story about my trade-in attempt but the bottom line is i will never buy a brand new car again, in the 3 years that i've had my cougar it depreciated $14750!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!where does that money go! i only have 32000 miles on it!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
they pulled a let's rape this guy without touching him.

oldest trick in the book.

i paid $8995 for mine (with tax, title and all) in June of 2002 with 71k on it - but it has had NO serious problems

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
I bought my 2002 C2 from the dealer and it had 60 miles on it (from them going to pick it up). They wanted $23000, I paid $19K That was brand new!!! You definitely got gyped.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
are you happy with what you are paying?? the simple fact is, that if you goto the dealer, you will pay more, but a lot of times you get the satisfaction of a warranty. would i pay 14,000 for it? no, i was tickled to get rid of mine yesterday for 7000.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only reason I figure it was worth it is because a 2002 from the dealership was 16900 brand new but I could get my 2001 for 14000. And the car I got is way nice than the one that was at the dealership. The C2 just blows the one that was at the dealership away. Plus it came with the body kit. I think it was an alright deal :shrug:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I paid around $18k for a brand new 35th Anniversary w/ all options, IIRC it was the most expensive one you could buy compared to all the other packages. I ordered it and waited 3 months on her. MSRP was around $23-$24k I think, I still have that original tag somewhere. :)

When it comes to cougars though, paying more for a car bc its a C2 or XR or ZN or 35th or what have you really isn't worth it. You could buy a base cougar with low mileage for $7,000, pick up some sweet seats from Seatman, get a kit, rims, and a few other goodies for under $10k including the price of the car and it'd look exactly the same :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
u paid too much dood

i got mine a year ago with 27k for 11500 from a non ford dealer. It is fully loaded except ABS, side airbags, and TC
I didnt get too bad of a deal, but i have seen better.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um, i paid like a little bit more than you couple thousand, have all the stuff yours is missing, less miles 2001, and a body kit.....

I'd say you got jipped :p hehe ^_^

I was hoping i could find what others payed for a 2001 c2.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I got my '99 two years ago. 25K miles. The dealer wanted $14,500, I got them down to $13,000

Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine was about $33,000 Cdn, after trade in, and several incentives it was about $23,500. I got the 0% financing on it and thought I was getting a good deal. I still owe about $11,000 and the car is worth about $13,000, so I'm just getting ahead now. This was my first and probably my last new car. I'll have my eye on a USED 2003 Acura 3.2 CL when the Cougar is paid for.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
My 99 was 13,225 w/32000 miles. I still owe 2200.......it never ends, all these bills bills bills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts