465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2001 Mercury Cougar Zn
70,800 miles (114,000km)
1 owner, dealership serviced
moonroof

for $6,800

Did I make a good choice?

It seemed alright, I wanted a reliable and stylish car. The 2001 Cougars got good reviews on the net.

Are there any certain problems I should be expecting with the car?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it is a 2001 i find the price a bit high. i got a 2000 v6 for 5,800 with only 45,000 miles on it but since u got dealership serviced you can take advantage of that if anything breaks
the first owner only had it serviced at the dealership... I have no warranty left.

And its Canadian dollars.
I didnt really see any other cougars this price around here with KM this low.

(when did you get yours?)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrat Wond3r......... If you love your car, then she's priceless!!!!

Watch your alt!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jaged, do they reroute/change wirering or simply change the alt??? cause I change mine every18 mounts or so!!! What's the difference between 2002 and 99???

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its automatic.
(Whats atx or mtx? :confused:)

I'm in the K/W area of Ontario... between Toronto and London.

And it wasnt a dealer, it was a private sale, but she always took it to the dealer to be serviced... I'm assuming she took it to Ford.

·
Tornado Alley Moderator
1,067 Posts
Does that have anything to do with it being automatic transmission? lol, I have a ATX?

(Can't drive manual, so auto was a better choice)
Yes you have a ATX

ATX = Automatic
MTX = Manual

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
its funny how dealerships always say it was lady driven or an old lady had it and didn't drive it much! lol my first cougar i had cost $18,000, but that was brand new it had 3 miles on it i believe, anyone out there buy there cougar new brand new? if so how much you get pay for it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.