New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this may be dumb but.. the dynomat stuff that looks like diamond plate is it metal at all?

also i think if i diamond plated my sub box over the carpet so it just looked diamond plated it'd look bad ass w/ neons and such..BUT will it rattle or mess up the quallity of my sound ..has anyone done it?

Lastly i've seen some pics of people trunks w/o carpeting and it looks great how easy is it to do? what about all the wires/ i'd really like some more pics or instructions

thanks for your help
dusty

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Dynamat is not metal. It has layers of "stuff" and the top layer on some like aluminum-ish. It is not diamolnd plate and will not rattle. Your sub box would look like crap if you used this on the outside of it.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
there is a vinyl sticker you can buy that looks like diamond plate..i imagine this would be fine to cover your sub box with, provided it is a 'box' and not an organic fiberglass inclosure..it will still might look a bit chessy though..i was trying to find a diamond plate type of material that was textured like it, that would bend and contour to my fiberlass box but to no avail..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i realize that most of the stuff is like that..but i was searching and found some other that was dynomat but said it LOOKed like diamond plate ..i just thought one of you might have seen what i was talking about

anyway what if you actually used the real metal diamond Plate like what is used for some floormats and back of trucks?
would it cause my system to rattle or anything like that..

any info would help
dusty

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Dusty,
Take a look HERE at how I used "real" diamond-plate aluminum in my trunk (with neons). Post or PM me if you have any questions.
;)
~CIII

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
hehehe...i pmed him to ask you i couldnt remember where i was reading that post..bad short term memory here..hehe..i want to loo more into this 'diamondplate LOOK' dynamat..
well i searched and all i came up with is this stuff....and i must agree with the above it would look like
SH!T here it is if you want it though DYNAPLATE
if you have a square/ rectangular box and you adhered real diamond plate to it then it might look ok...would more then likely looklike a tool box found in the back of trucks..if your gonna build like a floating vainty cover theni might look ok or maybe just ghetto..it would have to fit really nice and tight to look good i think...i dont think it would vibrate cause that stuff is thick but if it daoes and it is far enough away from your box you could always put dynamat on th back of it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts