New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diablo Door Project started....

well im in my 2nd phase of Street Rod Class at WyoTech and nows the time we can work on our own projects....started takin bumper and fenders off...not very easy....haha...and modded door brackets for factory hinge bolt location....and now just cut out inner fender area....ill have pictures up for ya 2day....gotta get them from a buddys cam..

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
RE:Diablo Door Project started....

i just took my bumper and fenders off yesturday, and put them back on today. Its easy :tongue: dunno what your talking about!!

But on a side note, how is Wyotech? Which location did you choose and what classes are you taking in it? Im highly interested in wyotech, or other similar schools like VC-tech or nashville auto diesel, or something like that... but wyotech is my first choice. Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

yea...i love WyoTech...im in laramie wyoming.....not the greatest place...nothing 2 really do in this town...alot of students hate it but thats mostly ppl with a bad attitude...its crazy how many dumb fuks there are in this school....there are alot of dumb rules and [censored].....there have been alot of kids gettin screwed by the administration...but i havent had a problem...you get watever you put into it...ive learned a [censored]load...so yea...i went through Applied Service Management...then Collision/Refinishing...just recieved my associates....im in street rod which is a MUST class...its awesome...after this class i have trim/upholestry then im done with school....im gonna try 2 get into BMW step program then hopefully work for BMW dealership...i really do recommened wyotech..you learn alot...but its what you put into it....I would also say 2 check out VC-Tech...alot of the instructors went down there...... if ur interested id recommned you come out here and go on a tour...im sure ull be impressed...specially the street rod..u could go all over the US and not find a better shop compared 2 the streetrod shop...they have everything in it....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
RE: Diablo Door Project started....

if i wasn't in the military i would be all over that

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

I'm thinking of taking classes at UTI when I a get chance. The total length of the class is one full year. They have a branch in Pheonix, if I've got time between deployments I'm gonna take advantage of this.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i wouldnt reccommend UTI...there have been SOOOOOOO many WyoTech students that have transfered from UTI saying how bad of a school is...so i would check out WyoTech or VC-Tech...but anyways...i should have pictures up 2day sumtime of waht ive done so far

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
RE: Diablo Door Project started....

Hey Josh, if you're looking for a school in Phoenix, check out AAI, Arizona Automotive Institute. My freind goes there, and thats probably where I'm gonna go. They aren't as focused on book owrk, and much more hands on than UTI. Theres a reason they call UTI "Un-Trained Idiots."

Kooter, hopefully that door project looks good! I've seen it look good, but also look dumb. It depends on the paint/kit scheme, I guess. Get those pics up!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

I've seen WyoTech, my grandparents live in Laramie. I was gonna go there a while back to build computers.

AAI? Hm... gotta look into this!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

Originally posted by: CATerina
Enough talk where are the pics
^^^^what he said

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

aaahh crap i knew there was an icon for that....:stupid:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

hey...here are some updated pix..from start...2 where i am right now.....
with the fenders and bumper off

this is a bracket plate i had 2 make out of 3/8" metal that bolts on the door in factory door hinge locations

here it is on the car...

thisis the hole i had 2 cut 2 put the hinge in place and weld it in...

heres a pic of the door up....this isnt the way i want it...it needs 2 be adjusted

blurry pic of the hinge....

the nitrogen struts.....needs adjusting...

sorry bout this pic..i was in a huge hurry...

im still sorting out some things and encountering some problems...but ill have some more pix at progress goes on...and better ones...

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
RE:Diablo Door Project started....(PIX)!

Originally posted by: KnappstamaN
very nice.... how did you take the fenders off without taking the hood off??
Loosen a bolt and the fender slides out from under the hood hinge.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RE:Diablo Door Project started....(PIX)!

yea thats what mine costed me... $1050.00 with shipping...and u caaaaan do it urself...but there is ALOT of work involved

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.