New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They don't have my code, so I was wondering can I give a code that is of the same year of car and engine size. Just so I don't have to be without a car for a couple of weeks. Will this work?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way my car is 2001 atx and my code currently VCA3

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Just go to an authorized dealer, and have them scan your ECU. They will basically have u remove it from the car(only 2 screws, 8mm i believe) and then read the ECU. They then send the ECU data to Diablo, which makes a program for your ECU code, and then sends the code to the dealer to install on a chip for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I find an authorized dealer, I live in Alberta Canada?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
same thing happened to me with superchips, they didnt have the program for code MZZ6 so it was either send them my ecu and go a few days without my car or take it to a shop, have them read the code and custom burn the chip for me rite there, tho for a fee. as for an authorized dealer, call them and tell them ur deal and ur location and they will give you shops within ur vicinity to go to. good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have the same code, VCA3, and I ended up going with the W*R because it didn't require certain codes (after I found out mine wasn't a 'supported' one)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, I found a dealer and I'll go there on monday to have it read and sent to superchips. SWEET!!! Thanks, Guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts