New Cougar Forum banner

Diablo Chip Install

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  AuburnCougar 
#1 ·
I just got a Diablo Chip for my car, and I've installed it the way it says I should, but when I turn the car back on, all that happens is my gauges reset, and then the speedometer goes up to about 130. Also the milage starts to go up as well. But when I remove the chip it runs just fine, any idea on what is causing this?

#2 ·
There is a problem between the chip & your ECU.

Did you buy this chip programmed specifically to your car & mods or did you buy it off someone? If it's the latter then you'll need to send the chip out to be reprogrammed to your car.

Other things to check is to make sure the contacts on both ends are clean and it's snug.

#3 ·
I had bought it off someone else, but I had already sent it off to get it reflashed for my computer code. I believe I have cleaned the contacts off well enough, but I guess I will try cleaning them off some more tomorrow.

#8 ·
I have the exact same problem? but mine is a Superchip. Exactly, How do you know if they changed the code?

#10 ·
Originally posted by: AuburnCougar
I don't know how to find out, so I just got a ECU out of a totaled Cougar and I am about to see if I can switch it out, and if so then I will get a chip made for that one.
interesting, how do you plan on bypassing the PATS on the ignition? lol You can't just swap ECUs brutha.

[GnuLoCo]

#12 ·
You have to solder your factory ecu like this, the top two together and the bottom two connections. It will work great! I'm doin it tomorrow.

#14 ·
Hey, It did work. When I went to test it down the road the light would flash and kind of kill my car so I'm guessing that I didn't salder it very good, so I'm goin to take it out and resaulder it, but it did make my car start!

#17 ·
Yep, that totally fixed the problem!! Drove eight hours straight and it's running great!!

#18 ·
I tried soddering the terminals this weekend, it was kind of hard to do, I guess using a pen style soddering iron isn't the best way to do it. But after soddering them together, I tried the chip and still no go.....I guess my FLM Dealer switched the code on me. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.