So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove these caps?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
How are you destroying them?
I'm guessing your breaking the little retainer tabs inside for the butterfly rod?

I dont remember clearly how I got it out before, but I think rotating it to different positions while pulling had something to do with it...I might even have tried to slide something in the hole to push the tabs up but that might be my imagination. At any rate, it is possible to get the rod out without breaking the tabs.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was in ShoSources "How To" for removing the rods to transfer to the big bore LIM

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. There was some documentation, but not very specific.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Maybe shoot them an email to ask how they do it...Other parts of the website imply they replace them when they do the work, so they probably just drill them out.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe shoot them an email to ask how they do it...Other parts of the website imply they replace them when they do the work, so they probably just drill them out.
I'll have to give it a shot. It was hard just to get a response from them to get the order..lol.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I figured it out. Well I just jumped in both feet. I drilled the plugs out. They won't be needed so its not an issue. However, inside of them holds a plastic rod wrapped in a spring. Its used to keep the butterfly rods from coming out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts