New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a problem with parking in the same area that al the inconsiderate people park cause they always seem to hit my car with their door. Is there an easy (or relatively easy) way to pull out little dents in the doors?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
what kind of dents? little circular dents?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
That's why I try not to park where other people do. I park as far away as possible.

You might want to look for a Dent Wizard near you. They do paintless dent removal, I think with Dry Ice or something.

G

·
if you have what many people call dings and you cannot see the metal, then your best solution is to go to a paintless dent repair place. There some places that can do it relatively cheap.

bsihop

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the dents are circular and like the size of a golf ball. I don't think there is any place around here that does the paintless dent repair, but I'll check around a little more. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
those are caused by car wash places. Look around when in a parking lot.. you'll see tons of cars with that exact same ding. I got one like a month after getting my car. Never again.. if i take it to get washed.. its a place that does it by hand.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: Seth
those are caused by car wash places. Look around when in a parking lot.. you'll see tons of cars with that exact same ding. I got one like a month after getting my car. Never again.. if i take it to get washed.. its a place that does it by hand.
I've never taken my car to an automated car wash.... what causes that dent? Is there something that makes contact with the vehicle, or is it just water pressure?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if its expensive to get them pulled?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: 2k1coug
I've never taken my car to an automated car wash.... what causes that dent? Is there something that makes contact with the vehicle, or is it just water pressure?
Hrmm qood question. This was my deductive reasoning. heh. Im prolly wrong.. but all i know is that i took it in for a wash and it came out with a dent. might be the water pressure.. doubt it though. i always thought that it was those long things that flap and clean the car as you go thru.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: Mada
Does anyone know if its expensive to get them pulled?
No clue. Mine are on the fender and im losing the stock fenders at some point so i never worried about it. Plus after seeing it all the time.. you foget its there. heh

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: 2k1coug
Hrmm qood question. This was my deductive reasoning. heh. Im prolly wrong.. but all i know is that i took it in for a wash and it came out with a dent. might be the water pressure.. doubt it though. i always thought that it was those long things that flap and clean the car as you go thru.
I used to work at a carwash, and I can't think of any way that the system we had would dent a car. The water pressure wouldn't do it... the high pressure was directed onto the cloths that wiped down the car to wash the dirt off. It wouldn't be the cloths themselves... they just kind of hung there and had no real force behind them other than cetripedal. If this was a discussion of where scratches would come from... yes, carwashes for sure, but not dents.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
the cloths dont swing or flap?

edit: thanks for the front bumper cover removal how to

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think that the cloths swing hard enough to dent doors, or any body panel for that matter. At least I would hope not.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts