New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the dent gaurds off of me doors and all went well. Except for the fact that when I took the one off that is behind the passenger door has this thick residue. I want to say that it is wax but I don't know. i have headed it up, used bug and tar remover, and a whole lot of elbow greese. Anyone have any suggestions?? By the way you can't even tell the others were ever there.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Could be an extra layer of clear that was put on for some reason. I think clay bar might help your situation, but others will respond to confirm or negate that :biggrin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same problem. I've used scratch x, clay bar, wax, paint scrub, pretty much everything I can think of and I can't get rid of it either.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: whitecoug99
I have the same problem. I've used scratch x, clay bar, wax, paint scrub, pretty much everything I can think of and I can't get rid of it either.
I was actually gonna suggest washing, claybaring, and also using goo gone....I figure after all that it should work :shrug:

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
If I could see what you are talking about I might be able to suggest something.
I am not quite sure what would help. Do you have any pictures?

I remember I used 3M Imperial Hand Glaze after I took mine off and it got rid of all evidence that they were there.
But your situation sounds a little more extensive. Good Luck and take some pictures....

·
Registered
24 Posts
he everyone.. new to this forum but same name on the team neco forums for a while... i had the same problem when i took the dealers vinyl sticker off of my rear... my friend gave me this stuff called Xenit... and seriously it made it look like nothing was ever there... it's a concentrated adhesive remover and you can use it to take the badging off as well.. hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts