New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is a pic bottom line they do not fit the diameter is around 1/4 inch to big for them to fit snug into the housing i fitted one in my mates headlight last night as he did not want to tackle it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
:smoke-g:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know the gap is meant to be at the top but there is no way the glass hoop fit's inside of the housing flush with the back of the headlight they are to big a diameter to go in there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
Talk to Matt at umnitza... he fit em... as well as several others on these boards...
I cannot find one shred of evidence on these boards that indicates that umnitza managed to fit these into the 99-00 headlights. I have been waiting patiently for the fix and have kept close tabs on these boards for any indication that a solution is near. A few members trying to get the rings to fit in their headlights the correct way have broken a ring. I'm not taking that gamble.

The install looks pretty clean, madmale. I don't like the orientation though. These are supposed to make the cougar look mean, not surprised. I suppose if you got it to work, kudos for that. I'll wait it out, and I know it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i searched the board's to and all i have found is that there will be new mouniting hardware i dont see this solving the problem that is not a knock at matt he has been very helpful to every one on the boards and is not shying away from the problem but i cant see new mounting solving this. i just want to be able to install them properly for him but at least they do work and they look ok in there like that.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats my point they dont fit snug and im sorry but i wouldnt have mine like that so i would not do anyone else's like that no offence man but they look like s**t

1 - 12 of 12 Posts